Friday, September 14, 2007

Charmed


Evening 7PM, 5th September 2007- I'm in a rush..Two hours to go. Pack!!! Pack up, no not for a weekend get away, a competition!!

deAd TiRed!!!

I realise I need to put cash in my bag.OK done.

Now what?! Oh yes 'change', the oh so important "chhuttta", for my cuppa tea and coffee in the train journey~!!

I lay my hands on any purse I can see in the almirah, shove my hand into pockets and pouches..and discover a few memories, a few blessings and tears roll down my eyes...

I discovered a few 'cardamom pods'.Those cardamom pods which my mum invariably slips into her purse before leaving for work...And this little purse I lent her last vacation, was lucky to keep some..

A long journey was awaiting me and my team, and here I was missing home with the pungent taste of "chotie elaichi" on my tongue..


Evening 10 PM 9th September 2007- I'm glad with the team's performance.

My team mate won the best advocate..She says I'm lucky for her, I think Mamma's "chotie elaichi blessings" worked..
It is funny isn't it, how little things in life carry memories? How small gestures and habits build a bond and touch your soul..

5 comments:

Unknown said...

so true for all of us...
aftr leavin home, u cant get mum's glimpse every min, but such writings make us nostalgic nd remind us of THE TIMES...
unfortunately even after readin dis hv no choice bt to get bck to the borin coll life...
coz we cant alwaz live in thoughts...

arnav said...

Wel this feeling is bound to be present among those staying away from home, but being a day-scholar i havent bin struck by dis feeling (yet).. as they say, stayin away 4m smthin makes u long 4 it more.

THE WORLD THAT WAS MINE.... said...

TRUE TO ITS LAST WORD...
this is but inevitable...invariably it is important coz it makes one realise hw important people are..
our dearest ones whom we tend to take for granted wile kids.. miss their littl gestures wen away frm em...

Radha said...

hey!what a wonderful thought!with tears in eyes m reminiscent of those "precious" moments i spent at home.....after all it is the place which provides balm for bruised souls....!m already missin home....

snigdha said...

@ aradhana
hey! thanks for visitin my blog..
n u mighta s well start bloggin':)

Highest High

What do you fear? Overcome It. Says everyone, untill it's time to do it. I laughed it off and said I fear heights, He too giggled and go...