Tuesday, February 01, 2022

Highest High

What do you fear? Overcome It.

Says everyone, untill it's time to do it.


I laughed it off and said I fear heights,

He too giggled and googled 'tandem skydive'.


Really? Are you joking? - I said.

I don't wish to be dead on my first European Holiday!


YOLO he said-You live only once,

If you jump, I jump I said for we vowed -till death do us part.


We booked our tickets of adventure, decided to sky dive.

More than the jump itself, it was the decision to tell your parents, lest they should skin us alive!


Skydiving in Prague is once in a lifetime's opportunity ,

We convinced our folks of the highest of standards and lowest accident probability.


There we were sitting in a cab we wished hadn't arrived ,

It was to pick up us for the sky dive site!


Once we reached, we were strapped up and instructions were passed on,

No simulation, No practice, just our instructor to hang on.


As we took flight and it went up higher,

Our heart beats soared,

I wondered what would happen if the harness tore!!


Lo and behold! It was my turn!

My instructor was behind me, pushing me out the door!


For a moment or two ,I felt I'd back out.

No chance, YOLO, Mom dad,God save me, here I go!


Then the jump happened I went in first,

I felt like cotton ball or a bubble ready to burst.


My head moved with the wind,

So did my arms.

What a tiny spec is a human life, in that moment,so lost.


I could feel the pit in my stomach, diving into void,

Praying to almighty to keep my husband's jump as safe as was mine.


With the free fall ending with the parachute whooshing open!

What a relief from the endless fall , finally my eyes were open!


My eyes lit up seeing the beauty of the city of Prague 

I looked up and saw my husband's parachute 20feet above 


As we neared touchdown, relief! I sighed.


Upon touchdown, Oh what a high! 


A high inexplicable, Adrenaline rush one of a kind.

Sky diving in Prague remains the highest high of my life!




No comments:

Highest High

What do you fear? Overcome It. Says everyone, untill it's time to do it. I laughed it off and said I fear heights, He too giggled and go...