Tuesday, February 01, 2022

Dusty Daisies

Steam and Gargle is what you need,

Said my Dad over phone as we did speak..

Yes Baba, I will,

Said I ,with all healthy motivation instilled..


Lemon Water with honey 'warm' everyday,

Said my Mom, Oh Honey!

As I sneezed and wheezed at the drop of a hat,

As clouds cowered and covered dark at that.


One day it was a hundred sneezes at once,

The other there were none.

How could it magically vanish

And  yet not be forever gone!


Let me spare the meds for once

Figure it all out!

The needle's prick and blood that drew

Was a puzzle of information anew...


A few days of waiting and  it was there,

My silent report of my loud sneezes lay bare!

Dust and Daisies apparently?

Guffawed my beloved-That's your allergy!!


Now I took it on my stride,

Fresh as a daisy is not my type,

Covid or omicron or none, 

masking up to keep my Dusty Daisies allergies at bay! 

No comments:

Highest High

What do you fear? Overcome It. Says everyone, untill it's time to do it. I laughed it off and said I fear heights, He too giggled and go...