Monday, March 26, 2007

Cherishing the treasure of mine...

Away from the frenzied crowd, I plead the the wind to take me.
It gives me wings to fly, lets the moment embody in me...
While in flight, I look over the labyrinthine lanes,
the very same lanes, I walked on,when happy and when in pain...

I flutter to emulate the butterfly in my garden,
I wonder about its inherent beauty.
For that very juncture , I feel its charm,
within me...

I fly to the mountain, where I first touched snow,
and memories of yore,make me glow.
The pearly-pure freezing touch, makes my heart warm,
alluring me to the past, to reach its arms...

But wide- wakeful am I now,
no snow, no mountains, no firmament,no lanes...
and here I see, no wings to fly me far away...

It was a dream, yes it was...
A splendid one, of the time bygone...
I would cherish it as I cherish those times,
treasure it, just as a treasure of mine...
my childhood...a treasure of mine...

1 comment:

Ansuman Acharya said...

its good.. i love d simplicity and flow.. very positive indeed

Highest High

What do you fear? Overcome It. Says everyone, untill it's time to do it. I laughed it off and said I fear heights, He too giggled and go...